1,504 new cases of covid-19 and 5 deaths recorded during the last 24 hours, said the Ministry of Health and Social Protection.
Also to remember this Wednesday, December 29, December:
- The number of first-time vaccines reached 24,546,370
- The number of people who received the 2nd dose now stands at 22,915,359
- And 2,860,037 people received the 3rd dose
In addition, 1,504 infections with the new coronavirus and 413 cures were recorded in 24 hours, bringing to 959,098 the total number of positive cases since March 2020, while recoveries are of the order of 938,892, for a cure rate of 97 , 9%.
- 17,962 tests have been carried out in the last 24 hours
- The positivity rate is 8.37%
- The total number of deaths rose to 14,842 (case fatality 1.6%), with 5 new cases recorded
- There are 5,364 active cases, while the severe or serious cases treated are around 119.
- Three people are currently under intubation
The distribution of cases by region: